Monday, March 9, 2009

Cooking day at Christy's

What would be your reaction if someone tells you Linda can cook?

Stunned? Shaking your head? Jaw dropped?

I know ... i know. I am so not the 'housewife' type to many people out there. In fact, many can't imagine seeing me holding all the kitchen utensils and start executing in the kitchen.

To be honest, i'm very lousy at wet market. I can't stand the smell, the wet floor and worst - bargaining. Normally, dad or mum will do the marketing ... if i NEED to do it, then it will be a joke to the sellers in the wet market.

For this round of cooking with my galfriends, i went to wet market coz it was a NEED. Oh gosh ... it was bad but 'bearable' at the poultry counter. The smell of the chickens yikkesss. You should have seen how he packed the chickens and passed it to me ... i had to use tissue paper to hold the plastic. I was told the sellers there actually laughed.

After all the marketing, it was time to cook ... i shall not write in details but let's look at the end result.

1st dish of the nite - Fried Bee Hoon with pork legs. Confession - this was the hardest to cook as the pan is not meant to fried bee hoon. I struggled till i almost gave up but thank God it's edible.

2nd dish - Nestum prawns.

3rd dish - Fried fish. I accidentally put double portion of salt in the oil causing it to be too salty. My bad :(

4th dish - Fried vege ... the easiest of all to cook.

5th dish - Winter melon with szechuan vege soup.

6th dish - Dry Curry chicken. Will need to steam the potatoes longer in future. Sorry gals.

7th dish - Otak otak (brain brain??) by Chee Hwei

8th dish - Omelette with 'chai por' courtesy from the host, Christy

And for dessert - Fried ice cream
It was great to be able to spent the quality time with you gals. It's my honor to be given the privilege to cook for you all and next time u all cook for me, ok?

4 comments:

  1. unbelieveable...Linda can cook!!!the pictures look good...but..the taste....????haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think the fish was a mishap. The rest ... the gals will comment la ... i think more to complaint? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. how many dish u cook then?
    hehehheeee...

    veggie tu nampak tasty.
    i usually cook max is 3 dishes.if im extra rajin that day... u might find 4/5 then.hehe... tp utk 2 org saja makan... 3 dishes pn susah nk habis ;)


    ~coffeeaddicts~

    ReplyDelete